Unique humidity control and acoustics play a large role in the MEP design of special buildings such as libraries, museums and performing arts facilities. Without proper humidity control, visitors will be uncomfortable and artifacts, artwork and books will not last as long. Without proper acoustics, echoed noises will disrupt the enjoyment of the show, book or gallery. We have been designing these special engineering requirements for 25-years.
We have worked with library systems such as:
- Orange County Library System
- Lake County Library Systems
- Collier County Library System.
We have designed many private libraries in the state and designed a temporary Braille Library for Florida School for the Deaf and the Blind in St. Augustine, FL.
In addition, we have provided engineering services for the Tupperware Performing Arts Building and Morse Museum in Winter Park, FL. Ninety percent of the education facilities we design, we design a library and a performing arts area. Some of our larger libraries on education campuses include:
- Indian River State College/FAU Joint-Use Library
- Lake Sumter Community College/UCF Cooper Memorial Library
- Seminole State College/UCF Partnership Building.